View Single Post
Unread 01-02-2006, 02:13 AM   #1
Big Norm
RIP

Default My 'New' 1902 Fat Barrel AE

I just bought a 1902 American Eagle "Fat Barrel" as a personnel Christmas to myself. I am talking to number of people now about a digital camera and so I hope to have some pictures soon (hopefully). There is not much information in either Stills or Kenyon regarding this Luger so I want to ask a few questions here.

My Luger is sorta unusual in that instead of the usual two digit seral numbers on all the parts there is the last three digits on most parts of this gun. Only the trigger and locking bolt have the last two digits of the serial number. The thumb safety does not have a serial number on it. But there are three digit serial numbers all over the place. I have never seen the last three digit serial number on parts on any other Luger. Is this normal?

The only useful information that Kenyon supplies is that some of these guns are proofed and some are not. My gun is late in the latter segment of the production and is not proofed. Is this proper for my gun?

The grips that came with the gun are not original to the gun and are pretty messed up and not of the same condition as the gun. The gun is pretty nice looking and has not been messed with. I would put its bluing at about 93% or so and the straw in the high 80%. I want to put proper grips on this gun that would be appropriate for its condition. But I have been told that there are very slight differences between the 1900 and 1906 AE grips. I have some 1900 and 1906 grips and would like to know which, if either, would be right for this Luger?

As soon as I get a digital camera and learn how to use it, the Adobe Photoshop that I just acquired and my scanner printer I will post lotsa pictures along with doing a lot of bragging.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote