Thread: I had too
View Single Post
Unread 09-21-2005, 06:02 PM   #3
c3006
User

I thought you would never ask, LOL A very old friend that I first met in 1976 had it and I being 19 at the time asked him what it was, He told me it was a silver plated german luger that his grandfather had taken from a dead officer and had brought back from the war and it was quite valubale. Well time went on and we became great friends as we both loved guns, me american western era and him all things german. He introduced me to his grandfather a couple of years later and I asked him about the luger. He told me he took it off a officer allright but he was american and he won it in a poker game which I dont doubt since there was allways one going on in the back of his store. He said the guy had brought it back from Italy after the war and had no Idea where he had got it. My friend became Ill a few years ago and passed away and I purchased 3 of his guns from his mother this being one of them. The other day another friend of mine gave me the luger that brought me here which turns out to be a imported shooter. As I got to reading this fourm I seen alot of stuff about nickle?chrome lugers and dug this one out of the safe and it is a nice all matching P-08 Mauser baner with these proofs .I dont know why the nickel luger never spured my intrest like the later one has I guess cause I never took it out and shot it like I did my latest . One thing is for sure now, I have two things a silver luger and the luger fever. Clint