View Single Post
Unread 09-15-2005, 12:31 PM   #5
Pete Ebbink
User

Hi Ron,

I really had to discipline myself over these past 2 years and not just buy another nice Cross/Shield. When I first saw the double +/M stamping of # 15140 in the Bobba book, I thought to myself if would be marvelous to be able to add one to my collection...one day. Then in a matter of 2 months, I run across two (2) for sale in the USA...

When I was conversing with Roberto, he knew I was considering buying # 15095 in the USA...at the time he did not know I was also looking at # 14770 (from Simpson's)...

(# 15095 is still for sale, if anyone has interest I can email contact info. and photos the seller sent to me.)

Roberto just estimated the 100-200 range with serials he has seen or that which had been reported to him.

My # 14770 really does push the reported numbers back a bit...I am also pleased it is not import stamped or p-date release stamped.

What I do not know is if the traditional " + and +/M " appeared before the DWM-Swiss M1906 cross/shield production ended or not. That is...did the double +/M remain in effect to the end or did the little cross eventually replace one of the +/M's before the production run ended.
Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote