View Single Post
Unread 08-23-2005, 07:38 AM   #12
Roadkill
User

Why not, not as if I don't have a history of stupidity anyway. Last year I fell in love with the idea of the mountain man persona plus there is a wildlife preserve with lots of deer so I dropped about $325 on a flintlock and ALL the accessories. Two weeks later I sold the whole mess for $65 and was very happy to get rid of it. Just takes time to learn, everybody said. Takes practice. Just have to work out the problems. Every gun is different. Bull. The thing was a sewer pipe with a poorly applied theory of ignition. I will never shoot another gun that requires a decontamination procedure to scrub it and yourself after trying to get it to shoot. They are accurate, everybody said. How in the hell can you tell with all the smoke and grease burning and the crap in your eyes? Don't use as much primer powder, they said. Sharpen your flint. The only thing that was worse than it not igniting was when it did. Being the stoic idiotic type of person that I am, I didn't give up easily. Finally got it to explode on cue about half the time, at 25 yds I did well to hit a 10" target anywhere. Slug the bore, they said. ??? How do you push it out the other end? Try different bullets. Develop your own load. Cast you own bullets. Mix your own grease. Use a different patch. Nope. Done with that. I'd rather jump out of my climbing stand bare handed on the back of a deer than try to use that thing. Sorry this wasn't about a collectable, but I really had to get this off my chest. Never again. (By the way, I ordered a crossbow and ALL the accessories couple of days ago)

rk
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote