View Single Post
Unread 06-24-2005, 10:11 PM   #14
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,429 Posts

Aaron, eBay is here to stay and it is one way for a seller to expose his goods to the widest audience possible. An auction is not squeezing the last dime out of a buyer but placing it in a competative venue and letting the open market determine the price. Nothing greedy about it. Some folks might pay more than you would ask and what's wrong with that?

Often it is very difficult to put a price on something. Prices are regional and what I think might be the best price in Colorado may be way too low for New York or Berlin. If I offer my item on an international auction I get the best price in the World, whatever it may be. I would be a fool to set a price and sell on a site that may be half of what it would bring at auction.

Listing on eBay is not all that difficult. My Wife does it! Seriously, I think it is worth the extra effort and expense for what you get out of it.

Recently I offered a large collection of pistols on this Forum and Jan Still's. I set a price and either sold them at that price to those who contacted me right away or negotiated a price. I felt this was the least I could do for Forum members and it seemed to work out very well. Those pistols Forum members are not interested in will go to auction and we will see how they do.

eBay is today's clearing house for rare collectables and if I want to find something I go there first. Someone almost invariably outbids me. It's a great place to sell, maybe not so great to buy. Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote