View Single Post
Unread 06-21-2005, 11:35 AM   #2
DougT
User

Hi Sieger,

I have a 1993 Aimco P.08, and it functions reasonably well. It will only function with the magazine that came with it, but it is not the newer Stoeger magazine. Original and aftermarket Luger magazines will insert into the magazine well, but they will not latch. I have no idea why the lanyard loop isn't present, or why the stock lug is done the way it is. This is my second Aimco (I sold my first after owning it for about a year back in the '90's). About all I can say for my present Aimco is that it got me to the Lugerforum and into my original Lugers. When you pull the trigger on my Aimco, the sideplate moves outward from the gun slightly. I believe this is due to the redesign of the trigger mechanism. I keep it around, but I don't often reach for it when I want to look at or show someone a Luger. If you detail strip it, and compare it to an original, you will see several ways that they cheaped out in making the gun. If you lay it along side an original, it's very disappointing. I don't think too much of it.

DougT
DougT is offline   Reply With Quote