View Single Post
Unread 03-04-2005, 07:31 PM   #4
P. J. Heck
User

Default ammo

I notice S & B ammo advertised but cant recall using any of it. I always buy in 1000 rnd bulks because of mg use. And usually bargain priced stuff at that which probably means at the bottom of the quality scale. The Egyptian ammo wont even work in their own Port Said (Sweedish Gustav M-50) there isnt enough power to shove the bolt back to catch the sear. Every magazine full is a runaway gun..... (I dont always shoot a Krieghoff commercial, I had a special purpose in that exercise.......... shouldnt have hurt it anyway) I have been informed that the WW 1 and I suppose the commercial Lugers from that era had a 19 coil recoil spring, the 30 cal guns had a 17 coil spring and the WW 2 guns, sharing ammo w/sub guns (MP 40) used a 20 coil spring. I have a shooter grade 1936 and a shooter grade 1915. I will make a run on my existing ammo with both guns at the same time and see what I get. I have never had any luck w/Win ammo whether military or Wall Mart in Lugers. I have several magazine and have interchanged them with moderate success. I have found that I can usually rework the feed opening on the mags to get them to feed, when I have good enough ammo. .......Recent shooter trip w/volunteer ammo buyers all bought Win at Wall Mart and ran it through several of my sub guns (not the Gustav) and it really went well. I just remembered, I tried a 1917 Navy I have just gotten, and same situation existed. Will take reloading suggestion under consideration as shooting Lugers doesnt happen often...............