View Single Post
Unread 01-16-2005, 12:54 PM   #32
max2cam
User

Quote:
Originally posted by Jan C. Still
maxcam
Thanks for the data. As it is not certain if frame and receiver match, I will have to pass.

Jan
Jan,

Actually the frame and 1938-dated receiver DO match. The number 7692 appears on the left side of the receiver just above the thumb latch. The same number 7692 also appears on the front of the frame below the barrel. There is no letter with either number. Neither number is struck over or ground off. Both pieces show field use.

The sideplate, toggle and toggle-link are the mismatched parts: Toggle link is marked "S/42" BUT with a Fraktur style "S" which I take to be a 1934 part. The toggle & link assembly appear to be a brand-new condition unit based on their identical color and like-new satiny finish.

Can you tell me this about my gun: Because the mismatched Mauser coded toggle-assembly appears to be a 1934(?) part and NOT original to the 1938 receiver and frame, could the 1938 dated receiver and frame be any other manufacturer BESIDES Mauser?

If so, what other manufacturer could such a 1938-dated Luger with no other marking outside of proof stamps be?

Thanks!
max2cam is offline   Reply With Quote