View Single Post
Unread 12-26-2004, 11:11 PM   #6
DanM
User

Before I got my Schmidt-Rubin K31, I would have said that a tight chamber in an old military weapon was pretty much non-existant, but that rifle has proved me wrong. I have to be very precise with the OAL on my 7.5 Swiss loads because the chamber was designed for the gently tapered, VLD bullet used in their ball ammo. A very advanced design that seats much further out than is possible with US made match bullets. So, you do have a valid point. Considering the amount of wear in the bore (.002-.003"), I just assumed that the chamber throat would be equally loose. You have to admit that a tight chamber on a 60+ year old military self loader would be highly unusual. To be certain, I made a test round, and it does chamber easily and fully. It drops in just as far as my regular ammo, so there is no problem. I hope to test fire some of these loads tomorrow, and will let you know how they do....DanM

Josey Wales: "I reckon not."
DanM is offline   Reply With Quote