View Single Post
Unread 05-10-2003, 06:42 PM   #4
trigger643
User

I like them all and for different reasons. I won't own a gun I won't shoot. And I won't own a gun that shoots poorly or isn't interesting to me. That doesn't mean I shoot all of them regularly. But the ones that do make it to the range often are the Tactical, Sig226, Sig-Hammerli, 1968 Clark (Kimber, Baer, Wilson and the whole custom 1911 industry owe a lot to the man that built this gun, and 35 years later I wouldn't hesitate to put it up against any of the new customs -- I traded a NIB Series 70 MkIV Govt circa 1970 for it last year, as I was hated the idea of owning such a thing and the guilt that would come should I scratch it), the pre-woodsman and a walther P.22 target and a hammerli 280 that aren't shown. My fascination is currently focused on the c96, my newest addition, and perhaps the most unique and collectible weapon that I own and the one with the most mystery to me. I won't be shooting this one much, though it is extremely accurate. Nor do I shoot the P.38 or the P.08 often, though they are a pleasure. The Series 70 MkIV Govt. with mild customization by Clark, is my personal carry weapon. The Sig226 is the most shot and longest owned (I've had it for almost 20 years and 25,000 rounds -- never a failure or breakage). I'd have to say the Colt M1917 is probably the war dog I enjoy shooting the most for accuracy and reliability, but it is big and heavy. It has the best trigger of the Military weapons. The Tactical is the one I'd take from the modern. The trigger is the same as the HK Expert (also not shown), and it is also very accurate (though a little big to the hand, it is well balanced).

trigger643 is offline   Reply With Quote