View Single Post
Unread 11-23-2003, 06:00 PM   #13
Douglas Jr.
User

Pete,

Many thanks for the tip about the holster . However, I will have to pass it on too. I�´m saving some dimes to buy another Luger ( ), so I can�´t afford the holster right now ...

Here is the info that I tracked about the 15th Dragoon Regiment:

"Until the late summer of 1916 Dragonerregiment Erzherzog Joseph Nr.15 was an integral part of the 21st Cavalry Brigade of the 4th Cavalry Division. As usch it was deployed exclusively on the Galician front against the Russian Army. It took part in the great cavalry battle at Jarowslawice on the 21st of August 1914 when it came into action against the Russian 10th Cavalry Division. It saw further action at Zlocz�³w from the 26th to 28 August, the Gnila Lipa on the 29th and 30th August, Rawa-Ruska - Lemberg from 6th to the 11th of September followed by the withdrawal behind the River San and further to the River Dunajec. It advanced to the San again from 4th to 12th October and at Przemysl from the 10th Oct to 4th November. Following the action at Lawr�³w the division withdrew to the Carpathian Mountains, saw further fighting on the upper Dunajec and at the battle of Limanowa-Lapan�³w in the first two weeks of December 1914.

The regiment spent the winter of 1914/15 in the Carpathian Mountains and then took part in the Gorlice-Tarn�³w offensive in May, the engagemant at Sanok and the pursuit of the Russian forces to the East seeing fighting at Luck and at Rowno in the late summer. It remained on the Southern Sector of the Eastern Front throughout the remainder of 1915 and the first part of 1916.

At some stage either in late 1916 or early 1917 the the 15th Dragoons were detached from the 21st Cavalry Brigade and became utilised as Divisional Cavalry Squadrons.

This can give you an idea how funny can this kind of research can be!

Best wishes,

Douglas.
Douglas Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote