View Single Post
Unread 04-06-2004, 05:48 AM   #4
Big Norm
RIP

MG,
I went to the show but I forgot my eye glasses so I could not look as close at Lugers as I wanted.

You missed a Simpson/Suhl in aisle "A". Not bad original blue, good grips and all matching ex mag. The locking bolt was ground flat on the surface, but the serial number was still visible. Good proof marks. Possible for me to think about it. At $1300, I thought the price was too high. I am still thinking about it but I will probably pass. I saw about 5-7 Lugers and it was the best of the lot.

I had to laugh at one Luger labeled as a 1900, 30 cal commercial. The gun did not have a grip safety but did have a stock lug. The only thing that was from a 1900 was the barrel which looked like a 1900 replacement on a 1923 Luger. I didn't bother to look too close at it.

The was a table with 2-3 Lugers on it. But the seller was so skitterish that I thought he might have a heart attack if I looked too close. He had one WW1 luger that could have been alright but he was asking too much money for the condition and his nervousness made me nervous. He told me to only handle the gun by the grips. Geez, the gun has been through two world wars and definitely was not mint. The serial numbers on the barrel did not quite look right.

The show was better than I expected and the food was as good as I expected. I had an excellent Polish sausage and, later, a Brat. I parked a long way from the center but the weather was good and I didn't mind the walk. There seemed to be as many police there as customers. Next time I will take a few of my Lugers there that I have for sale.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote