View Single Post
Unread 11-20-2002, 09:15 PM   #1
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Talking Way off topic....... Machine pistol fun!!!

Hello to all! This last Tuesday I had the opportunity to do something I've always wanted to do, but never had the means or the chance... and that was shoot an MP-40 submachine gun!!! It was GREAT fun! I also had a brief go with a Thompson M-1 ... all in all, about 900 rounds in both! That's not too much shooting, but it's a heck of a lot of magazine loading!!! Needless to say, I went to sleep Tuesday night with sore thumbs and a huge smile on my face!! I was amazed at how controllable the MP-40 was... and how much power the Thompson had! These were premo, all matching, great condition units, and they functioned flawlessly... The .45 has considerable recoil and it is best to lean into it a little... the MP-40 just stays right in there... the 30 gal trash can we used as a target certainly sustained some damage! I can't even imagine what it would have been like to be in action on either side.... and you would need a truck to keep yourself supplied with ammo.... you would have to be one disiciplined cool cookie to survive in action... cuz it would be a real problem to load a clip when someone is shooting at you with either one! I'll bet a lot of men died with empty guns! It was quite an eye opener.. it gave me a still greater appreciation for the men who protect our freedom! till...later...G.T.
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote