View Single Post
Unread 09-30-2002, 12:13 PM   #1
hanko
User

Post Need history & (maybe) value information...

I'm ignorant as to Lugers specifically, but not too bad with firearms in general. Your expertise would be really appreciated. Here's the story...

I'm assisting the widow of a USMC BG in cataloging and organizing a gun collection. Luger in question was a bring-back; according to widow one of the BG's men took it from a German and presented it to him along with a Luftwaffe dagger. So far, bring-back papers have not been found, if they exist.

Items from the "Luger Identification Form" are:

Toggle inscription: DWM
Chamber inscription: Not present
Toggle knob type: Diamond knurl, with radial kunrl on outside edge
Grip Safety: Not present
Stock lug: Present
Caliber: 9mm
Gryp type: Walnut, checkered, no border
Thumb safety: Safe in rear, marked 'GESICHERT' visible in safe positiion
Marking: Crown over letter 'N' on front left side of receiver. s/n 736xx on bottom front of receiver. Component s/n's all match.
Barel Length: 4-inches
Markings on left edge of extractor: GELARANT (SP?)
Front/Rear sights: Front--dovetailed round front section, straight rear section with serrations. Rear--V notch
Mag Bottom Plug: Walnut, no markings

Miscellaneous...lanyard loop at rear of receiver above grip area.

More than 90% of bluing remains. Bluing is not present inside the receiver. Bluing wear, where present, is from holster...gun was carried a lot but shot very little. Bore has very sharp grooves and lands. Grips are perfect with sharp knurls, though they look like they could use a gentle cleaning. Serial numbers all match. No serial number found on mag. No accessories with gun.

The gun may be for sale, but I won't be sure if it will be for another couple of weeks. Digital camera, unfortuneately, is not available.

Thanks all once again for any help or advise.

Steve Deis
Kuna, ID
hanko is offline   Reply With Quote