View Single Post
Unread 11-20-2003, 12:34 AM   #1
livingthepast
User

Post New 1918 Luger! Photos added.

Just received my newest addition. Its dated 1918 on the reciever, has had the toggle manufacture marking ground off, has been reblued, but looks like it was done years and years ago, has holster wear, is marked germany, has dwm military acceptance markings, is matching barrel, frame, slide, and various small pieces. The toggle is a complete mismatch and is made up of two different parts. The bluing looks like a dip job as the pins and the safety lever are blued. Heres the kicker. On the trigger guard facing the front of the pistol is a Heraldic Ealge stamped. It is a single headed ealge holding a sword in its right claw and a globe or round object in its left claw. Has me stumped. Also, with it being marked "Germany" I would think it was a commercial rework but it is barreled in 9mm with matching fonts on all the matching serial numbers. Your help and expertise would be greatly appreciated! Here are some photos, there are a couple of surface rust spots, but not bad, the photos make it look like pitting in the slide and on the toggle but there is none, just oil and blueing wear.

Thanks, Brian

livingthepast is offline   Reply With Quote