View Single Post
Unread 07-04-2002, 07:39 PM   #1
ronin
User

Post Refinishing a Luger

With all the time in the world, since i just don�´t have a dime to my name right now, I�´m looking for a shooter (9mm).

You might notice that i live in a galaxy, far, far away (i must have picked that from a lousy movie [img]wink.gif[/img] ).

What few Lugers i�´ve seen so far did look quite miserable. The choice is very limited and i might end up buying whatever is available by the time i can raise the money. In this context, would you advise against doing so and be eternally patient until something worthy breaks the surface or would you get a beaten up gun and go for a reblueing?

Being a confessed absolute ignorant (or was it an idiot?), i�´d like to know if there�´s a special care i should be aware of when it comes to the parts to reblue or avoid reblueing (i wasn�´t aware of the tight tolerances of the Luger until i found Lugerforum)?

I think that the most common refinishing available here is parkerising but not having had any of my firearms redone yet i�´m ignorant in that subject too.

Thanks guys for your time and consideration.

0-0
ronin is offline   Reply With Quote