View Single Post
Unread 04-05-2004, 05:01 AM   #11
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,282 Times in 424 Posts
Got to the range today, -with- .30 ammo.

Its a very interesting gun to shoot. The barrel is quite thin, not a lot of mass sticking out there for 10 inches, and so is very stable--recoil is very much "rearward". It seems pretty accurate, but the trigger pull is atrocious--long takeup, doesn't trip until almost full length of trigger pull--bad even for a Luger. This can be adjusted, of course, but makes it difficult to truly assess accuracy in the meantime. The grips are very hand-filling, I don't know how much they have to do with the "shootability" of this piece, I'll probably put on a standard pair of grips and make the comparison.

One of the things which occurred to me today is to be suspicious of the consistency of Fiocci ammo. I had a couple of boxes with me, started out finishing up a half-box which wouldn't cycle the action far enough to eject the shells--they'd just slide back into the chamber, so I ended up shooting as a single-shot--not a lot of fun.

When this box was used up I broke into another and, surprise, the first round ejected! I loaded up a full magazine, cycled through the entire mag with no problem, continued to do so through the rest of the session. This must represent quite a bit hotter loading of what should have been identical rounds.

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote