View Single Post
Unread 07-23-2003, 08:44 PM   #13
Steve Richards
User

PaulV

I had a similar problem on my stainless gun. The solution to mine was simple. After discovering, as you did, that it would "fire" by pressing on the sear bar, I made the asumption that the problem was that the sear was not being pushed far enough by the trigger lever (part #108 on the exploded drawing).

This may not be safe on an older steel gun but it worked on my stainless. With a set of vise grip pliers I bent the trigger lever ever so slightly until it pushed the sear bar. The reason that I used that particular tool is as follows. I closed and locked them and used the adjusting screw to then close them on the lever. Then I opened the tool and turned the screw in a VERY small amount (less than 1/8 turn!). Then I closed it on trigger lever to close the 90 degree angle. It was way less than a visible amount. I then put it back on the gun and cycled it by hand and tested the trigger. I repeated the very slight adjustment several times until it worked. I tested it at the range and it only worked part of the time so I did it all again. It now functions perfectly.

A couple of warnings. MAKE SURE THE GUN IS NOT LOADED. Make the adjustment turns of the vise-grip screw as small as you can. Maybe just 1 or 2 degerees. You can always repeat the process.

As I said earlier, this worked on mine but several people have said that this process will break the trigger lever on an original gun.

Mr. Romo can be slow in answering queries but he give excellent service when he does! I had an extraction problem and it was repaired at no charge and several other people have said that their repairs were also no charge. You might want to wait for a response from him before attempting anything yourself.
Steve Richards is offline   Reply With Quote