View Single Post
Unread 07-26-2003, 06:05 AM   #8
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,507 Times in 2,081 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Tom A:
<strong>If one is compelled to shoot a Luger, then by all means do so. But please do it anyone of the thousands of "shooters" that are floating around. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Tom, wasn't disagreeing, as the collector pieces I have, I won't shoot, although I think it is a shame at times, but not being made of money, well I'm speaking to the choir, silly to blow a $1,000 when my couple of shooter Lugers can fulfill that need.

On the other hand, anyone that shoots a "collector" makes mine worth more, And a newer gun, such as the above Navy, I can't blame somebody wanting to shoot it. Besides on the other thread of the Thompson, that is what? A $12,000 weapon? All perspective, but I have my father in laws 2nd generation SSA, and I'd like to shoot it, but its really pristine, like 98% untouched. So I won't ever even consider shooting it.

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote