View Single Post
Unread 07-02-2002, 07:54 AM   #10
Thor
User

Unspellable, yes a little hotter load is probably the answer, or at least a first step, but so many people want to shoot the lighter loaded stuff like Winchesters 115 gr Walmart loading. If the gun will not lock back 5 times in a row, when fired with only one round loaded, the load is usually a little weak or ocassionaly there is internal binding, Removing a coil is not a bad thing IF you are trying to get the breech back far enough to lock each time (assuming the hold open is working right) BUT THE RUB COMES, this is not a panacea for all Lugers, you do that to a Luger with an already weaken spring and you run the chance of peening the toggle cams ears. It also is bad when this Luger goes to someone else to shoot and they pick up a box of hotter stuff with a now weakened spring, not the gun will be subject to too much stress. Finding a load that just locks the toggle back that you can afford is ideal. I usually have two loads with me when I head out to go shoot, The standard pressure stuff and a slightly hotter hand load. I seldom need the hotter round. Thor
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
-----------------------------------
John3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote