Unread 09-09-2004, 02:57 PM   #1
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Post Yet Another Site Update.......

OK - please read

Today - I just had a set of additional circuits installed. "Wooppee doo-dah" you say? OK - let me elaborate, 'cause it DOES effect this site (both the discussion Forums and the LugerForum & P-38 Main sites in addition to the PPK/S Forum...)

What will happen over the next two weeks is I'll be taking this site - and moving it into the new circuits. The newer circuits have 4X (yes - that's four times) the bandwidth of the current circuits. To do this, though - I need to move IP blocks. For the main websites - that's fine - as I can carry multiple IPs on a single site - BUT - for the discussion Forums, I can't (it's a different server architecture and Web servers).....

Sooooooo.........

Over the next few weeks - as I make this changeover - please bear with me. While this is a rather expensive upgrade - I know the site speed will improve dramatically, so it should be worth it in the long run. At the same time, I'll also be looking at *maybe* changing software formats - and if I do that - you'll see a lot of new features, but so far, I'm not certain which direction I'll go on that.. It's of primary importance that the user database and posts stay "intact" if/when I do this conversion....

Anyway - if none of what I said above makes sense - here is the condensed version:

1) If the LugerForum/P 38/PPK/S Forums are off-line for a few hours - we'll be back. Promise.... Your ISP servers are simply waiting to catch up with the new IP addresses.....

2) If I do the Forum upgrade - you will still be able to log in when you return using your "Screen Name" and current password - and your post count and titles (and posts) will stay the same... Things will look a bit different, but the new features will be will worth it (or I think they will?) But again, it's a software cost and my "free time" kind'a problem...

3) After the circuit upgrade - the firearms related sites I host, program and administer should be *extremely fast*, regardless of your connection type (whether dial-up or T1).

Best to all,

John D.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote