Unread 09-08-2002, 06:25 PM   #1
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Post New Section....

Hi folks,

I think I'm just about ready to bring a new server on-line with some new codes/programs. But, if you would like, you can try a new Lugerforum site feature - the Luger Forum Photo Gallery. I have put in a universal username/password for right now, so you can try uploading and creating your own Photo Gallery. It is:

username: luger
password: forum

If you would like to try it out - here are some of the features....

- You can upload right from your browser - either individual pictures or a ZIP file which contains your photos. If you upload a ZIP file - the program will automatically unzip it and render the photos (it saves time when uploading);

- Once uploaded - you have complete control of your gallery - resize, add photo comments, add new photos, delete your photos, flip or rotate your uploaded photos, etc.;

- You can add a link in your messages to a URL which will take folks directly to your album;

- When you upload a photo - my server and program will *automatically* resize them for you..;

- You can create "sub-albums" - which is a photo album in your album;

- From a user perspective - it's pretty cool. They can view your photos as thumbnails; full page - or even a slideshow - where you control the effects; Here is a "slideshow" example: Slideshow....

- Folks can make comments about your photos right in the pages where they view your albums;

- Additionally - I'm working on modifying a Java Program that the core program uses - so you can add photos by dragging and dropping right from your desktop (Itâ??s part of the distribution Iâ??m using â?? but it doesnâ??t work 100% of the time yet, For example, it's not working well under Netscape 7.0 (earlier releases of NS/Mozilla are fine - as most Mac and Linux browsers that are Java VM enabled).

Anyway - have fun..!!! Please - please - please all I ask is that you keep your albums in good taste and try to keep the photos related to Lugers and enthusiasts.

Oh yea - the site can be found at:

Member Gallery - it's in the left hand menu....

Have a blast,

John D.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote