View Single Post
Unread 09-07-2003, 05:16 AM   #3
Luke
User

I must confess that I haven't looked at that information on the board in about 2 years, but I seem to remember the conclusion was that "Break Free CLP" was the overall winner in the discussion.

Was there a later review of rust prevention which indicated that EEZOX was better than BreakFree CLP?

As a matter of interest, I did a search on the current board and found the following post:

Dear Orv,
"Gun Tests" magazine had an article in the 6/94 issue on rust-prevention. In a test wherein iron strips were left out in the rain and also left out for eight cycles of high/low-tide soakings in the ocean, the top performer was CRC Marine Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor, No. 06026. Outers Metal Seal, Boeshield T-9, Specialty Marine Coatings Pro-Met, Hoppe's Gun Grease, Cortec VCI-368 and Northwest Anti-Corrosion A-120 were all rated excellent.

Interestingly EEZOX Premium Gun Care was only rated as "fair" and not recommended as a rust-preventative. I don't know whether EEZOX has been reformulated since then.

Regards,
Jack

Also: There is an interesting string initiated on 10/21/2002 by Orvis25, Member #229, on the subject. Several opinions were given there.

Luke