View Single Post
Unread 05-01-2004, 03:15 PM   #20
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,940 Times in 1,196 Posts
Hi all,

Well, a small update. The member of parliament who was very strong about stricter laws was kind enough to reply on the comments I sent him. The Justice department in the mean time has suggested a better screening of new gun club members and a thorough administration of used ammo.

Since both measures will not prevent the incidents that happened the last year from happening again, I'm wondering what the outcome will be, although improvements on both counts are not a bad idea altogether.

The MP did accept the offer of one of the royal dutch shooters association (KNSA) leaders to visit one of the shooting clubs in order to get a better picture of what's going on in reality.

I did send him some comments and suggestions that would make more sense and I'm interested if he will reply again.

I remain opposed to the idea of storing guns and ammo centrally as I am convinced this creates bigger safety issues than it solves. I can live with an ammo prohibition alone, though.

I also pleaded for a better collector's enviroment as collectors are now forced to shoot regularly in order to get and keep gun permits. Mind you, I don't dislike shooting my Lugers
Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote