View Single Post
Unread 11-23-2002, 10:31 PM   #8
Imperial Arms
Banned

This is a real good topic indeed! Interestingly, I was thrown into confusion last year when I examined in northern Europe a near mint 1917 Artillery Luger (with light beach wood grips) serial #2Xa with its matching stock/holster - when I removed the matching magazine (the magazine bottom having the same kind of wood as the grips), the magazine body was blued. In my opinion, if the LP08 is genuine and near mint, why would somebody want to make a stupid mistake and blue the magazine? It did not appear that somebody blued the magazine at a later date which would have been easy to detect.

For the time being, I have to agree with Policeluger and Lugercollector (Peter) that these late (1917/18) magazines are correct, but I would need to examine additional military P08/LP08 Lugers with the same magazines until I make a better opinion.

Albert

P.S. Lugercollector, can you please take the pictures of your magazine in daylight in order to see the blue finish better. Repost it or send them to me at imperialarms@att.net - Thanks
Imperial Arms is offline   Reply With Quote