View Single Post
Unread 07-04-2003, 12:48 PM   #9
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,676 Posts
I guess I am becoming a tightwad in my old age, but to me nearly $700, considering shipping, insurance, etc., is about $300-$400 too high for a reproduction item that has very little relevance to anyoneâ??s collection. Granted, it took some investment to tool up to produce this stock, but what is the point in owning one? Unless you have a VERY early artillery to go with it, it is only a curiosity that is nice to know about but isnâ??t original and has not much intrinsic worth. As far as actually using it to shoot with, it has little advantage over a board stock, and you certainly wouldnâ??t want to put a nice Luger inside it (take a look at the wear on otherwise mint broomhandle Mausers).

From the photo, the finish on the hardware is mediocre at best. I would like to see a close up of the wood to metal fit of the attaching iron to see if it is as poorly done as the earlier reproductions of this stock that I have seen. Perhaps this version is of better quality, but I think it is for the individual that owns everything else and can afford to spend the money.

Sorry, I havenâ??t had my morning coffee yet and I am still grumpy. My apologies.

I have decided to add a post script. It would be a nice addition to an advanced artillery Luger collection as a display piece. (I have had my coffee now).