View Single Post
Unread 09-12-2002, 09:26 PM   #18
Big Norm
RIP

Hey Garie baby, I have a full set of all the arties plus a bunch of spares. Until you match or beat me, I make the rules and I think that Ed is perfectly alright in using the terms "arty" or "arties".

Ed and others,
I looked at the two arties and figured that the 5264499 one might be OK. The only thing that bothered me was the serial number '05' on the top toggle. The zero in that number did not look quite right. The pictures are a bit bright and I could not make out the adjustible front sight. The bluing looks a bit worn and I could not make out if there was any pitting. The barrel lock (got that Garie), or locking bolt to everyone else, had a flat surface which tells me that the artie has not been fooled with. But like Doubs said, there are some other questions to be answered. If the seller does not want to answer them, then maybe forget him. I would like to see the front serial numbers (barrel and frame) and something about the bore. At the moment, I can not recall a return policy stated. If the bidding stays under a thousand, then the buyer has a chance of getting an honest gun at a reasonable price.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote