View Single Post
Unread 08-29-2004, 02:52 AM   #15
Big Norm
RIP

I've been thinking about the pricing of Lugers and their accessories since I started posting to this thread. I have come to the conclusion that there is a degree of regionality in the pricing. I cannot disagree with John Sabato and his prices because I know that he is an honest man. I also know what I have seen at the shows that I attend. I have a brother in California who, at times, tells me about prices there. I have come to the conclusion that the prices in California are pretty high.

Here in Michigan, people don't go crazy over Lugers at gun shows like they do in Ohio. I have seen good Lugers just sit on the tables here. I picked up a nice 1916 navy at a show in Michigan at a reasonable price that would have quickly vanished in Ohio. I made an offer and the seller accepted it at the last minute of the last day.Few people even looked at the gun. I showed it to one Luger collector after I bought it and he didn't even know it was there. The gun isn't mint, but not chopped liver either. Its an honest gun.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote