Thread: LP08 rig?
View Single Post
Unread 11-11-2002, 09:43 AM   #3
Imperial Arms
Banned

Hello Rick,

Not a bad looking 1917 Artillery with its matching stock. In my opinion, I would rate the pistol about a conserative 90% original finish as well as the straw (the 'golden' parts). The straw is good and you can observe the 'graining' created during the machining process. I would have preferred to see a fraction more blue on the left side panel, but the barrel is in very good condition with hardly any muzzle wear. The slight holster wear in a few areas such as on the right rails is acceptible and it is a positive sign to observe proving authenticity. I have noticed on the 1917 Artillery Lugers that the machining is more evident as compared to the earlier models. Also, collectors will encounter often the light beach wooden grips on the 1917 models and they are correct. You may want to carefully remove the grip screws and check the serial numbers of the grips.

However, I do not like the leather holster and it could be have been polished or is from another rig. If you wish to improve on the set, you many want to look around for a better leather holster (matching color) and maybe some straps which might be hard to find. The holster can be dated 1915-1917.

If you have some extra cash to spend, consider buying a second model snaildrum and loader.

Congratulations,
Albert
Imperial Arms is offline   Reply With Quote