View Single Post
Unread 04-13-2004, 10:18 PM   #7
MIKE MORRIS
User

Guys..........I obtained post war Krieghoff serial # 7, ( see Gibson's book) that was presented to Capt. David Clyde Elder the acting military govenor of Suhl, Germany, for his " Humane treatment of the German people " by the Krieghoff workers during his term. He is the one responsible for the authorization to asemble what was left at the Krieghoff factory for P X sales. This is all in a original letter ( notarized and dated Jan. 29, 1968 ) that I still have in my possesion, along with his complete military govenors uniform. I conversed by telephone with him before he passed away and obtained it and the " Sword of Suhl ". The sword is long gone, but I still have the original letters and his uniform, to include his visor hat which he describes in the letter accompanying them. The purchaser of serial # 7 wasn't interested in either, so I guess I'm stuck with 'em. (The uniform sure looks good on a manniquin though.) Capt. Elder mentions in the letter a " fine nickle plated P-38 with custom walnut grips with solid silver shields with his initials engraved on them " was also presented to him. Where is that P-38 today ??? This is the kind of documents I have for the current owners of these collectables. There were very few post war Krieghoffs assembled and that's why they command a high price. They are still a Krieghoff........no matter when they were made !!!.............Mike Morris