View Single Post
Unread 04-13-2001, 03:40 PM   #9
Johnny Peppers
User

Default Re: bill m, do a search on .45 and you will see the thread that starte

I had a post on the .45 caliber Luger in the Norton Gallery some time back when there was a discussion of there being only one of the big pistols left. I have seen the pistol on several occasions and can assure you that the pistol is authentic. The pistol origially came out of Canada and was offered to one dealer/collector for $5000, but when it came time to exchange the pistol for money the price had gone up to $6000. Harry Jones then bought the pistol for $6000 and sold it to Mr. Norton of Shreveport, Louisiana, for $10,000. The pistol is serial number 3, has a C/N proof, and has the GL proof on the rear of the toggle. I believe that it was in one of Harry Jones books where he described shooting the big pistol with Mr. Norton.

I can also state without need of confirmation that the Norton Gallery also has a beautiful collection of Russell and Remington bronzes and paintings.

Also the .45 cal. Luger in the Norton Gallery is pictured in Scott Meadows "U.S. MILITARY AUTOMATIC PISTOLS 1894-1920".