Unread 08-21-2002, 05:30 PM   #8
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,506 Times in 2,080 Posts
Talking

Fascinating discussion. Although anything is possible, it is hard for me to believe that such a wide range of serial numbers is simply missing.

(No offense Herbert, it sounds like it is original, the facts just strike me in the forehead soundly, but then why the heck would someone fake a model such as this? Because it brings a premium hopefully?? I like to think that some Oktober fested employee popped odd markings on a gun as a prank or to see if it would slide through).

Heck, I don't know, very hard to say?

[quote] Its often very difficult to honestly criticize anotherĂ¢??s Luger. If you do so, you will get barbs from both the owner and the seller and all their friends (this is particularly true on this forum). <hr></blockquote> Hilarious, and I know you didn't really mean it that way Jan, but it is easy to be protective of others, [img]smile.gif[/img] When I asked for honest opinions from others, I held my breath. Got good ones on my Mauser 42 and on my artillery holster that I have had for 15 years (probably fake [img]frown.gif[/img] ) . Yet the honesty exhibited by forum members is encouraging to new folks like me.

Don't beat me to bad, but sugar coating won't help me in the long run.
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote