View Single Post
Unread 01-29-2024, 03:25 PM   #6
Geladen
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
The "M"over anchor on the holster denotes Navy issue (Marinen). I think the repair at the toe is post war. The Aluminum bottom magazine mark "N4401" is a "Nordsee"(North Sea) Navy property mark/serial number. I think the holster date may be 1937, which might jive with the WAa stamp, which has partially obliterated the date. Someone else will have to chime in on the other markings,(police?)
Interesting. I mentioned I thought it was a WW1 holster and part of the reason for this is the holster maker, Gustav Reinhardt, is on the list of WW1 holster makers (under Berlin) pinned to the top of the forum. Trying to determine if this holster is correct for the gun and worth repairing, or if I should seek a more correct holster. The gun is a byf 41 with correct fxo black bakelite bottom mag, so I'm trying to figure out how it ended up with a 1917 (or 1937) holster with the Navy stamp and an extra magazine with two serial numbers, one possibly having a North Sea serial number prefix. This holster is supposedly the one the vet brought the gun back with in 1945.
Geladen is offline   Reply With Quote