View Single Post
Unread 01-07-2024, 12:30 PM   #11
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default Memory cloudy with a chance of rain!

Back about 20+ years ago, I wrote a letter to Ernst Thalmann organization about recreating some mag shells for me? They were kind to me and return messaged me with the following. That all projects had to be submitted to a corporation control board / group, that would verify whether or not the project was viable or no? Of course, my request was far from feasible, and furthermore, if they would have accepted my request, they wouldn't have done it on a war time design as well? I would guess meaning that the method was obsolete even when they were running them full tilt during the war. I did inquire here in the states, to an aero space industry about making the shells, I had submitted a print and was right on the cusp of ordering 6' lengths of cold formed drawn tubing. (a lot of people confuse this with extrusion, which it is not!) but was stopped by the remaining forging and machine operations needed to complete the quest... And, I was flat broke, which hasn't really changed much over the decades.. Now, currently, the Mec-Gar magazine are of such quality it renders any other attempts to make mags unnecessary! Still, one can dream... best to all, til.....lat'r....GT...
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: