View Single Post
Unread 11-22-2023, 07:54 PM   #12
Yakman
User

Woody, It looks like a nice fairly average 1920 commercial luger. (alphabet commercial to the newer guys and more woke older ones) From what you've described it sounds to be all matching. What is it you are wanting to do with it? Buy it? You should be able to get a fair idea of its value on Gunbroker or its top dollar value on Simpson Ltd. If it's history and when it was made, this forum is good for that. Dwight Gruber specializes in commercials so pay attention to anything he says. Sadly, right now, there are no books that spend any time on these post ww1 Lugers. Right now information is piece meal. Dwight is writing a book on Commercial Lugers. When he comes out with it one should expect to see the interest, collectability, and prices go up on these Lugers. I'm looking forward to the book, but at my age I probably will never see it.

Post WW1 is a very interesting era in Luger production. There are a number of rare and unusual variations from that time period. Enough to make for a very interesting collection, and they can be fairly easy to find in 98% or better condition. Right now, in general, they do not command the high prices of some military's. I think Dwight's book will change that.

Last edited by Yakman; 11-23-2023 at 08:37 AM.
Yakman is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Yakman for your post: