View Single Post
Unread 11-10-2023, 02:58 PM   #10
Browbmo
User

I meet my local gentleman this morning and looked at all 3 options. All I think were very nice, but not as prestine as I hoped, but these are 100+ year old guns that were used.
I went with the dual dated 1917/1920. I brought it home and tore it down pretty far. I could barely get anything on a white cloth to come off. It is all matching even down to the firing pin. The barrel is like a mirror with deep grooves and no pitting. I will download some photos to get opinions.
The other two were nice, he was a little confused at which one the other two were that he referenced. One had a really nice finish but the side plate had been renumbered. The other was in good shape but I couldn’t get it to lockback with the magazine in or out, no matter the safety setting. The dual dates had everything except a matching magazine.
I was going to buy two, but settled for one. I may keep an eye out for a WW2 Mauser production to match my P-38.
I know some of you are sick I didn’t buy all 3, but I have enough invested in my collection with multiples.
Browbmo is offline   Reply With Quote