View Single Post
Unread 09-01-2023, 11:29 PM   #72
reiver
User

Ok, the final product. I had my neighbor gun smith (has a shop at his house, how nice is that) Set up the front sight after milling the ramp to the Luger spec dovetail and aligning it with his tools and affixing the proper ramp (provided by GT with the appropriate Luger front sight blade).
He also cut down the barrel to 11.75 in. (Luger Carbine length) and did a great job with the muzzle.
I replaced and fitted the Navy rear myself and found that an easy job(also provided by GT) for the new rear sight.
We (collectively and thanks to all) made a non cycling bastard of a Luger into a very nice cycling (semi bastard lol) that has at least a proper appearance and works with white box 9mm Winchester just fine.
I shot it at a short distance today and it was spot on...range next week. Regardless GT gave me (gratis) 5 different front blades so there will be no issues. Great to see it come together and working nicely.
Pic is of what was taken off.... barrel length (way too much weight to cycle)...crappy aftermarket sights...and the fine Navy rear toggle GT provided. This will be a very fun shooter now.
Pic shows what was removed. (go to page one to see the initial pistol)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	87315  

reiver is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 members says Thank You to reiver for your post: