View Single Post
Unread 08-17-2023, 12:01 PM   #11
reiver
User

Then something isn't 'even' as the toggle / assembly goes out of battery to the rear and it is slightly twisting/binding the coupling link not allowing full rearward travel.

A competent gun smith should be able to fix/figure that out. I would guess the area around the sides of the center toggle link need some relief on the rear toggle itself on the inside facings that face the center toggle link. Never remove material from the center link or anything original as that worked...remove, gently/slightly, from the new rear piece.

I simply replicated the dimensions of the old toggle in the new Navy rear and did this by 'feel' forward and lateral movement. The new Navy was too tight as is (good as it give you something to work with) and I simply assembled and disassembled (gently filed) until the feel was the same as the original out of the pistol....literally flop forward rearward movement and side to side flex. Worked first round.

One other possibility...binding/interference at the rear on full recoil...check the 'tail' is not binding on the frame projections. There is enough material to relieve some from the toggle and it may have been cast to shallow.

Like I said...a Gunsmith should be able to do this or, if he is stumped send it to GT....
reiver is offline   Reply With Quote