View Single Post
Unread 08-12-2023, 08:52 AM   #1
castile
User

Default Identifying a luger

I was in a pawn shop yesterday. There was a lady who brought in a Luger to sell. I thought she was an employee and struck up a conversation with her on the Luger. It ended up I told the pawn shop once I found out she was a customer that if they bought it call me, and I told her if she did not sell it call me. She did not sell it to the pawn shop and is coming over today so I can make an offer on it.

So from what I saw maybe some here can help me out and put me in the right direction. It was a 7.62x25. It had a nice original bluing no high polish but just a nice blueing that had the right thinning on the high parts. No serial number on any of the parts, the only numbers I saw were on the frame front, and the underside of the barrel with the bore markings.

The top of the toggle was DWM. There were no proof marks or anything on the right side of the frame. It had the usual wood grips. The mag had either a wood or a red wood tone colored end cap with the last two serial numbers stamped in it. There was a Luger tool and I was short on time and did not look to see any marks on it. There was an oiler but I think it was for a K89 or rifle. It was the size of a pack of life savers with the palm and finger pull wings on it. Also had a wood drilled ammo holder with 100 rounds of 7.62x25. I did not check the head stamps. They had some kind of plug in the tip of the bullet. Dumb Dumb bullets?

I was thinking it was a 1920 unmarked. But there is not much to go on. Thanks for any help. BTW no date was stamped in the Luger top frame. Thanks for any help
castile is offline   Reply With Quote