View Single Post
Unread 08-06-2023, 02:57 PM   #1
BergThornson
User

Exclamation Requesting Help to Identify/Verify an Old Luger

Hello and Greetings!

I have recently purchased, what's presumed to be, a old reelect.

From what information I could find, on this website and others, I have gathered that this Luger is a 1900/1901 DWM Commercial Luger (7.65mm/4.75" barrel) with all matching serial numbers (#14262).
Definitely has some use to it but still has the bluing and the original grips.
The only markings it has;
-DWM on the top of the Toggle
-Matching Serial numbers (See attached Photos)
-A set of Factory Marks? on the bottom of the chamber (See attached)
-Number "4" stamped inside the lower assembly, below where the chamber would sit, forward of the trigger.

I was able to disassemble it and give her a good cleaning. (Storage dust and rust is extremely noticeable) And was able to give the wooden grips a good cleaning/wood protectant. Firing pin and toggle action is still good/working condition and but judging on the rust/dust, I'm sure hasn't been shot in quite some time.

The History on this Pistol is seen, but unfortunately, the seller only knew that it has been sitting in a closet in a shoe box for X amount of years.

Personally, its driving me nuts not knowing what this pistol has seen/been through and I'm desperately trying to find all the information that I can. Where it started in Karlsruhe, Germany and how it ended up in Northern Montana.

As a World War History buff, I couldn't pass up on this Luger. (Not accounting the fact that I have been wanting one since I was a kid.) Hence why I joined this website and respectfully reaching out for assistance in properly identifying this piece of history.

And before anyone assumes or ask, as money is nice to have. I am more looking for information and the known history of this Luger (Or what can be pieced together). But knowing the value of it wouldn't be ignored.

I would eventually like to have it placed in a shadowbox/display it with the known history.

So any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

-Garry
USN/EN1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E8901.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	87157  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E8902.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	166.9 KB