Thread: My First Luger
View Single Post
Unread 12-30-2021, 10:18 PM   #1
Storm
User

Default My First Luger

Hello everyone!

I'm finally happy that I can say I bought my first P08! The C96 was bought first but I was determined to find a WW1 Luger!

I've aquired a 1917 Erfurt with matching numbers except that pesky magazine. Although before it cracked it was a wooded base, but quite worn as the numbers were there but not legible.....

Anyway I took the gun apart, cleaned, oiled & reassembled. Loaded up the magazine & I noticed it seemed to fit loosely but was able to cycle all rounds through it manually without issue.

Now when I went to live fire it, the first round would chamber & fire, extract & then it would not feed another unless I manually did it. Then again same issue. Bang, no feed, manually chamber, bang & repeat.

So the first thing that came to mind was my Sig 115g fmj wasn't hot enough. Then I thought about the loose magazine, so I decided to hold it up as I fired & it ran perfectly, even holding open.

So I figured that magazine was the issue. So I ordered a few different types (wood base, aluminum base & plastic originals) to see if this would fix it. Did that today so I'm waiting for them to arrive.

Of course after shooting I noticed the wood base was cracked & as I took the magazine out the spring shot out the bottom finishing off the wooden bottom. So I'm not certain if this was a culprit of my issue or not. So I then ordered a original aluminum base to replace this magazine base.

Anyway I'd appreciate any help or tips!

As for pictures of the gun, I will add them after work in the morning!

Hope to hear from all of you experts!

Thanks

Storm
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote