Thread: WTK: '42 BYF
View Single Post
Unread 06-13-2002, 05:32 PM   #8
MauserLugers
User

Hi,
The byf 42's can be found in excellent condition and with either black plastic grips or wood grips. All of them should have the same acceptance proofs and that is an E/135. Every few, if any, had matching numbered magazines. Some think none were ever made, and some think only a very few were matched. I personally would not believe it was original unless I knew the guy it was coming from and knew it had been in his possession since he picked it up. The magazines are usually either black plastic or blank aluminium bases fxo's. One last thing that I am hearing a lot lately is the word "MINT". There are a very few really close to mint guns out there, but most of the mint guns that you see today have been refinished. An all original conditioned Luger in 99% condition will still have some wear on the barrel band, the side rails, side plate, stock lug, and underside of the grip straps just above the magazine. Be aware if you "mint" gun doesn't have this wear! Also, "mint" guns are worth a big premium if original.
MauserLugers is offline   Reply With Quote