View Single Post
Unread 05-19-2021, 12:19 PM   #5
STEINBVG
User

Default The kit inherent issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlim View Post
The SE 08/2 is less unreliable

I shot and killed an original 1930s barrel. The barrel is hard soldered to the chamber. I fired the bullet and the barrel at the same time. Interesting experience. Luckily the set was not matching numbers.
Thanks. Which kit did you use?
So let me recapture:
1) Both kits are not very reliable?, but the the later version , I presume, they improved somewhat?
2) the barrel 22 insert is soldered to the sticking out piece- chamber? and can come apart?
3) I see in my sample the insert is not loose in the 9 mm barrel, but it doesn't seem too tight either- but it somehow ruined your 9 mm rifling/barrel?

My experience seem to point that the main unreliable issues are 1) magazine geometry, bad lips with that silly spring side plate.

2) problematic ejector placement with extractor being at 12oclock. However the fin shaped ejector in 9 mm seems to be doing the job fine. I wonder that the impact point of a a 22 kit custom ejector has to be improved and be as close as possible[ magazine restricts] to 180 degree from extractor, correct?

I'm working on something right now, it might be interesting to you guys, to be continued in a different post...
STEINBVG is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to STEINBVG for your post: