View Single Post
Unread 04-03-2021, 05:48 PM   #19
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

Well, you guys talked me into it. I started watching the Final Four basketball playoffs and thought about what youse guyz said. I checked the NYS DOH site again and saw there was availability at UB South Campus in Buffalo (pic below). Not all that far, 26 miles. So, I filled out the usual blurb and clicked the link and...No Appointments Available!!! ARGH!!! Update the web site, buttheads!!!

Second nearest was the Dome Arena. 87 miles away. I go there often, that's where our ESACA club holds its gun shows. So I hit their site: Lots of appointments available! One on Saturday, six on Tuesday, and more on succeeding days. I figure the Saturday slot is already filled but I'll shoot for one of the Tuesday's. But at half time, I check again, and Saturday is still available. So I select that and start filling out dozens of pages of silly questions. Finally I hit the submit button and get the confirmation screen. Yay!

So I went today. Left two hours early, stopped at my FCU on the way and then just sat in the parking lot waiting. Place was jumping. Cars in, cars out; steady streams bumper to bumper. My appt was later [2:15] and the action was winding down. I went in, the National Guard was manning a lot of the stations. Lots of people inside, slowly making their way through the various lines/stations. I had problems hearing the DOH people, they wore masks and over them plastic shields. A couple of them directed me where I needed to go. Finally got the shot, waited 15 minutes, and was done. 2nd shot three weeks from now, same time, place, and day.

Pfizer vaccine, painless, no ill effects.

There's talk in the paper about people who've had their shots being given more latitude about assembling. They want to have some kind of 'shot ID'. The NYS DOH people gave me a shot card, I guess that and five bucks should get me a coffee at Starbucks...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	available.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	82507  

Name:	appt_3.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	82508