Unread 02-26-2021, 06:13 PM   #5
jeb111
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Tinker View Post
there is a write up in the FAQ

$3300 sounds high for a 1906 - although the nic er the shape, the higher the price.

That said, and no offense, but if you think 3300 is a good price, but aren't sure if its been reblued, I'd study a bit more. Try to go to some big shows where you can see numerous lugers. Find out if someone from Wyoming collects and will let you visit.
No offense taken at all, I thought 3300 a bit high but clerk said there was no wiggle room at all. So thinking if pistol was 100% correct I would be willing to stretch. My achilles heal has been not getting to look at enough Lugers in person. This was only the second 1906 AE I ever held. Gun shows locally are small, very lucky to see a Luger at any and larger ones say held in bigger towns like Denver are flooded with black guns, nice, but don't help when your interest lies elsewhere. The only local guy I new who claimed he had a huge Luger collection I think in the end was pulling my chain. So I rely on books which I have many and this forum. I am pretty certain of the pistols authenticity but I know there are some incredible refinishes out there as all of you guys know and I read how sometimes it's hard for experts to tell. In the end I wont buy anything if there is a small red flag. If I don't get it it won't be the end of the world, lived my whole life so far without one. We'll see.
jeb111 is offline   Reply With Quote