View Single Post
Unread 01-18-2021, 12:29 AM   #15
zork
New User

Default 38 super/22 mag Martz

GT. I can tell you exactly where the 22 mag prototype Luger is, it is in my safe. John did have fits trying to make it work but solved the problem by lengthening the barrel, not shortening it.He did make more Lugers in 22 mag, I believe he ended up making 9 pistols and 3 carbines in 22 mag, I knew John and Neola for many years and used to love watching John work. (I have zero mechanical talent but can break anything ever built)I also have one of the 22 mag pistols. When I picked it up from a collection in LA I took it to Johns to try it out. We walked out to his range and I fired a clip, it worked fine. John then tried to fire it but it kept jamming. John looked at me and said, "who made this piece of crap!" as an aside I also own the first gun John ever made, a baby P38. As for 38 Supers, John made 19 Lugers in 38 Super (including 1 baby and 1 carbine). He made 9 P38s in 38 super ( 1 baby). Many of Johns creations ended up on the cover of Guns and Ammo, you might check their archives for the article.Doug
zork is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 9 members says Thank You to zork for your post: