View Single Post
Unread 09-22-2020, 09:09 PM   #10
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

You and I resonate to the same beat of that drum, Ed. When I pulled this up earlier, before posting my bump - I have to say, I miss Frank. He and I would chat all the time by phone and e-mail. Then he passed... Jan, I really respect - and for the few times we chatted via phone, and often on e-mail, he was always a gentleman.

So many things we have done in the meantime. You've published your own excellent books and done the original research. Me? I built a few things along the way and assisted a few others who needed it.

Now - today is now - it's a different world. This site, this community - is being undermined by those who have different values. If that weren't so - I wouldn't be making this post.

To the contrary - in their world, it's not about the Lugers, you, me, Frank, the Moderators - nor the users and their private data, It's rather about trying to clone this site in hopes they can sell all that off for their "new revenue" model.

I won't play their game. It's why I didn't sell this community. and my other firearm collector site to them, as they wouldn't disclose how nor where they sold their private "user data" - as they are a Canadien Corporation.

I really wish we could step back a decade ago - when it was actually about the "Lugers". It's not anymore. We are playing by "Their" rules now - except, well - for me. I won't play - which is why they set up their fake site.

I will not cave. Sorry - that's just me, buddy...

John D.
John D. is online now   Reply With Quote
The following 17 members says Thank You to John D. for your post: