Thread: Snail drum case
View Single Post
Unread 03-20-2019, 02:36 PM   #20
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,429 Posts

So easier to pay £1495 for one? Richard, if you only want one... then it's a consideration. I don't like the one offered..so I wouldn't pay it, no.

There were a couple offered on WA by a guy in Belgium that I tried to buy. He squirreled the deal twice over a few dollars and returned my money instead of saying your $20 short please send..it was a fee or conversion problem but either way he might still have these boxes.

Replicating a P-Kasten is a labor of love. Myself and 3 other very talented people were involved and it literally took years to finally come up with 5-6 boxes. Dimensions are very important so you have to start with a known original box to get those accurate enough. The correct wood is necessary. Metal..not easy to make! Then it must be hand hammered onto the box with steel rivets. Paint..antiquing the whole box look. Then the drums have to fit..or it's no go. But, if you have the time, money and passion..and know a few other talented artisans..it will occupy some precious retirement time.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to lugerholsterrepair for your post: