View Single Post
Unread 01-02-2019, 06:29 PM   #23
Rick W.
User

I was about to set off on making myself a die in the garage this afternoon. I had read various articles about die designs improving in the past decade or so............then it dawned on me the issue. Me, not being overly intelligent, finally figured things out..........abeit slowly.

So I tried loading up 150x of 9mm's with the new deal and existing die set; same components that gave me fits. All gaged. Could not do that before, all were straight and fit in the gage nicely.

So......I think.............I found it.

As to brass, I explained earlier that I mainly use once fired local police brass when they qualify folks. So I have confidence in the source. Also some friends that do not reload but shoot heavily every week, have taken pity on me and gather their once fired brass........for me. I have made them wooden pistol cases in return, so all evens out. No, I do not go to a range pick out brass from the mud etc etc.....When I buy once fired preowned brass, 2-3 cents per case; so more economical than new. I would like to use new for everything, but I shoot too much and loss is high; besides my preowned brass suffices for my range work/plinking/fun. I think some of the choice of brass comes from working knowledge and knowing the source.

So as most things, you gotta stay with it if you wanna know more. This was a exasperating time, but we got thru it and ready to reap the rewards; not only from a $ point of view, but the pride of figuring it out rather than throwing mass quantities of money at it.........I was close to the latter, but lucked out at the last minute.
Rick W. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Rick W. for your post: