View Single Post
Unread 11-11-2018, 01:06 PM   #8
RShaw
User

Hi Kurusu, gunbugs, rhuff
Many thanks for all your efforts on my behalf, very much appreciated
Kurusu, when you said, "Have a good look at the ejector before putting it away," I thought you meant the "extractor" - isn't that the part which lies just above the firing pin, with an internal spring which holds it down, unless a round is in the chamber, at which time it will be pushed up slightly, with the word "geladen" visible?
I looked at that part first, please see 1st photo- the curved edge closest to the firing pin is sharp and unchipped, so I think it's OK. The spring is strong as well. It takes some doing to manually push it up to read the word "geladen."

After reading your very clear explanation about the ejector spring, together with your photos, I took photos of my P08: Photo 2 with the action closed (spring flat against the right bolt face) and Photo 3 with action open (spring now tensioned inward as you described.) I think that my ejector spring looks OK... your opinion?

The last two rounds were shot and extracted with no trouble.

However, as this is really a collector's piece, and the risk of damage to a numbered part is very real, I will certainly not shoot it often... maybe once a year? But it was good to give it this one try.... and on this very special day. This gun is now 101 years old
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 11 11 Ejector P08 7097 02 OK.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	74659  

Name:	2018 11 11 Rt srping P08 7097 01.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	74660